Tuesday 30 April 2013

Me-Made-May '13 sign-up

Hooray! Once again it's that time of year! Zoe has launched the Me-Made-Month - and this year it is May.

I actually only spotted it last week after returning from holiday, so I haven't had a lot of time to plan or consider my pledge, or to inventory my me-mades in order to make it a bit easier during the month. (Yes, I know there's no planning or panic sewing required, but I like to be organised!) There's a few things I want to achieve with this month, but I'm going away again on Thursday for a week and a bit, so I need to factor that in as I won't be able to wash and repeat so easily! I think this will actually be quite useful though, as it will be handy as a measure of how versatile my me-made wardrobe actually is.

So, without further ado, here is my pledge and corollaries:

I, Dilly of Dibulous, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear at least one me-made item (clothing or accessory) each day for the duration of May and June 2013, starting from 12 May.

  • I will be away from 2 May and only return home on 11 May. During this period I will endeavour to wear a me-made item as often as possible. This is unlikely to be every day...
  • Because I'm starting later, I've decided to extend this into June.
  • The challenge always highlights any holes in my wardrobe, but this time I want to actively note these and work on filling them. During my me-made-month-and-a-half, I will make at least two items from the following list: a pair of casual trousers, a pair of shorts, a new denim skirt, a cardigan or sweater, a pretty/interesting jersey top, a casual summer jacket.

Hopefully see some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment